- This event has passed.
Call for Applications: AmplifyChange Strengthening Grant
January 8, 2019 @ 8:00 AM - February 5, 2019 @ 5:00 PM
Strengthening grants support time-limited, projects (usually up to 12 months) that seek to engage and contribute to bringing about change in one or more of the SRHR priority themes of AmplifyChange. Up to 40% of a Strengthening Grant can also be used to support the costs of organisational development and boosting organisational effectiveness of an organisation dedicated to strengthening SRHR. Strengthening grants range from EUR40,000 – EUR100,000.
Strengthening grants are intended to do what their name suggests – to support, strengthen quality and scale-up the work of small to medium civil society organisations, partnerships and coalitions who are operating at a local, community, district or national level. Strengthening grants are also intended to support organisational development and boost effectiveness of organisations; we understand that this enables organisations to better implement projects that are aiming to secure improvements in SRHR. Strengthening grants are aimed at small to medium civil society organisations from the Global South. Therefore, eligibility is limited to organisations that have an annual expenditure of less than EUR1 million per year. This is calculated as an average of the organisation’s expenditure over the past three years.
This Strengthening grant call focuses on supporting advocacy campaigns and organisational development within civil society organisations seeking to bring about positive change in one of the AmplifyChange priority themes or a justifiable intersection or combination of themes.
AmplifyChange works to maintain balance within the AmplifyChange portfolio between the 5 AmplifyChange priority SRHR themes. Therefore, in this Strengthening Grant round AmplifyChange is taking measures to support projects working on:
- Abortion: we will aim for one third of grants approved in this Strengthening round to support projects working to remove barriers to safe abortion including decriminalisation
- Access: we will aim for one third of grants approved in this Strengthening round to support project working to increase access to comprehensive reproductive health services for poor, vulnerable and marginalised people
The remaining grants will be distributed to the best applications working on the remaining three themes: Gender-Based Violence (GBV), Stigma and Youth.
In this call for Strengthening grant proposals, we will consider proposals working to strengthen one or more of the outcome areas that AmplifyChange supports. These are:
- Increasing individual awareness of SRHR as human rights
- Improving access to SRHR resources, information & services
- Transforming social norms
- Changing policies & laws
- Building stronger, more inclusive movements for SRHR